🤔 Tell me about this internship
- The internship will be 100% remote.
- During this internship you will learn the basics of UI design (using Figma!), UX research, and UX design. We have curated resources that will teach you the foundations, and you will demonstrate your skills through various design projects.
- You will be paired with a senior-level UX designer who will serve as your mentor for the duration of the program.
- You will work independently as well as collaboratively with your fellow interns.
- You will need to keep up with your weekly projects to stay in the internship and be eligible for your certificate of completion.
⏳ How long is this internship for?
- This will be a 3-month internship, with the possibility of a 4th-month extension. The extension will be based on multiple factors such as intern performance and company needs.
- It will be part-time. You will likely need to spend between 15-25 hours per week on your assignments and learning
💰 Is this a paid internship?
- Yes, you will be paid $15 per hour.
🤷♀️ Who is this internship for?
- This is for beginners who know they want to pursue a career in product design, UI Design, UX Design
- You do not need to reside in the United States, but you must be able to speak and write fluent English.
- It will be helpful if you are able to work a good overlap with either Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern time as most of our team works during regular work hours in these time zones.
- You do not need to have prior experience in Figma, or product design (although some general knowledge and previous tutorial exercises will definitely be helpful). You must have a passion and eagerness to learn.
💼 Could this internship lead to a job with UX Cabin?
- Yes! While job openings are not guaranteed, we would love to bring interns onto our team after the completion of this internship.
🗓 When does the internship start?
- Monday, September 13th, 2021
💻 Any other requirements?
- You need to have a computer with an internet connection and a desire to learn!
- While much of it can be done asynchronously, you'll need to be available to work some overlap with 9-5PM EST
📄 Does this internship sound right for you? Fill out the application below! 👇
Table 1 - UX Cabin Internship Application
Fill out the "UX Cabin Internship Application" form quickly and securely on Airtable.
Curious about how we're going to run for this internship?
Check out this podcast with Andrea about her experience with the first internship and what we've got cooking for the 2nd internship!